Wednesday 20 March 2013

p_3 exhibition in Kranjčar Gallery- 2/2

                                                              Installation "Big Catch"



With the skateboard, as one of the symbols of today’s street culture, I try to use different ways of shaping the motive of a fish which I use for some time now on street walls. On the streets I connect the abstract background with photorealistic elements and the equivalent to street walls I also find in used skateboards. From each separate old, used skateboard I create a fish bone and contrasting to this process I transform broken boards into fish scales which I then connect to a recycled wooden board in the shape of a fish head on which I paint the human eye. This big fish, as an anthropomorphic installation, illustrates the idea that each person is a mosaic of other people and other influences which are, through circumstance united into one integral whole. The skateboard works are a sort of hommage to the skateboard culture and street culture in general.