Saturday 15 December 2018

"Hat Wearers"









Mural "Hat Wearers" and the process of making it are part of the overall project in MSU's Quest for Reality: Jadranka Fatur and hyperreality.

I wanted to create a collage of scenes by using photos made by my brother and me during our travels in the last year (or so). First, I started with the main wall, and when I had almost finished it, I decided to expand the scene to the rest of the walls. 
One of the main things connecting all of the characters in the direction of the light, and of course, the hats.
The three main characters are painted with spray paint, while the rest of the mural is painted with brushes and acrylic. This was an excellent opportunity for me to try something different. I've never done so many characters in one piece and also haven't tried this color palette before. 

For the first time, I filmed the whole process, and the footage was displayed on the media facade of the museum.